And bliss they are! So yum, easy to make and full of good things.
I made these for the Lorna Jane ‘Love You’ Activation that IOF was part of last month and they were gobbled right up! I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do.
Apricot Bliss Balls
Makes 20-30 depending on the size you make them.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 10-12 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbs water
- 1tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of dried apricots
- Desiccated coconut or crushed nuts (for the outside)
- Whizz the nuts and coconut in your food processor until reasonably fine, but still crumbly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the dried apricots, and whizz until a dough forms. Start with 10 dates and add more if the consistency isn’t doughy enough.
- Add the apricots and pulse until combined. Don’t over-whizz or you wont get the delish chunks of apricot in your bliss balls – but each to their own!
- Roll spoonfuls of the mixture into balls with your hands.
- Roll them through the desiccated coconut or crushed nuts to coat.
*Another way to coat your bliss balls is to put them, and whatever you’re using to coat them with, in a zip lock bag and shake!
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before eating (if you can wait… I never can) and keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container.